Most Recent Blog Post
- The Best of Jail Medicine: An Introduction to Correctional Medicine has been published!Those of us who have practiced medicine in jails and prisons (correctional medicine) know this is a … Continue reading
- This Patient Needs to Be Seen by Mental Health, But When?This morning, inmate Gibbs had a visit. The nurse passing medications in the housing unit noticed that he was not … Continue reading
- Suicide – Don’t Be Afraid to AskIt’s September, which is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. Let’s start with awareness. According to the Centers for Disease Control, … Continue reading
- Mental Health Screening – Set Up for SuccessIt was a holiday weekend in the middle of the night. The booking area of the jail was a big, … Continue reading
- The Best of Jail Medicine: An Introduction to Correctional Medicine has been published!Those of us who have practiced medicine in jails and … Continue reading
- Is Heroin Ingestion the Get Out of Jail Free Card?Michelle Teasdale, DNP, APRN, FNP-C The opioid epidemic is an … Continue reading
- ACA Seeks Executive DirectorACA Seeks Executive Director – The American Correctional Association (ACA) located … Continue reading
- TRC Prescriber’s Letter Linkhttps://prescriber.therapeuticresearch.com/Home/PRL
Medical malpractice has a standard- The injured patient must show that the physician acted negligently in rendering care, and that…
Because it’s rare. People die from taking aspirin, too. And before you start yelling like a lunatic, I’ve had serotonin…
I have several severe disorders physical and mental as discussed before and have spent several months incarcerated years ago. I…
Mid read cogent, inciteful with some sprinkles of humor as well as researched information.
Great book! Everyone should read it!